ACCOUNTING FOR MOZAMBICAN SMES
WORK SMARTER WITH SAGE PASTEL PARTNER!
Sage Pastel Partner Features
Sage Pastel Partner is the ideal business solution, giving you the ability to effectively manage your money and your business. After all, accounting isn’t only about getting the numbers right, it’s also about what you are able to do with those numbers. With Sage Pastel Partner in the equation, you’ll go beyond accounting.
Sage Pastel Partner is developed with your specific business environment in mind. Sage Pastel Partner comes with a single user and unlimited company licences with the ability to purchase up to 20 additional user licences. You’ll be able to store 5 years of transactional data while being able to process the current financial year as well as one back. You can create a maximum of 30 cash books and the inclusion of a General Ledger goes without saying.
We appreciate that in order for your company to run smoothly, you’ll need software maintenance and support. By partnering with UniSource Software Services Mozambique, you can rest assured that you are dealing with real people with a wealth of experience in supporting businesses running Sage Pastel Partner. Unlimited telephonic support and free software upgrades are just some of the benefits and it’s all included in your annual licence fee agreement.
We know that reconciling your bank account can take hours, if not days to complete. We can help by making your bank recons a breeze with Sage Pastel Bank Manager. It simplifies things by automating the whole process, saving you loads of time.
Creating the perfect report can take hours, if not days to complete. Sage Pastel Intelligence (BIC) automates your reporting process so that you can focus on actually analysing the information to make informed decisions with confidence. Use the standard report templates or design your own report templates in Microsoft® Excel® and update them straight from your Sage Pastel software.
Extend the core solution with these powerful add-on modules:
Powerful, yet easy to set-up and operate, Sage Pastel POS is keyboard friendly for fast processing. Simple screens and large display areas make this cashier-based system ideal for any till point. Sage Pastel POS interfaces with most popular barcode scanners, cash drawers and pole displays. Once installed and set up, tellers can be trained and working in record time.
Sage Pastel’s Point of Sale security features helps prevent potential theft
Since Sage Pastel’s POS system is fully integrated, POS makes use of the security controls within Sage Pastel Accounting, as well as allow you to assign access per user in POS.
Sage Pastel Point of Sale Back Office and Reporting features
POS integrates seamlessly with Sage Pastel Xpress or Sage Pastel Partner, therefore all the stock reports that you have become accustomed to using, are available for reporting POS transactions. Additional back office functionality includes supplier processing, account payments, viewing customer age analyses and statements. Using Sage Pastel’s advanced stock control and price matrix; you are able to determine pricing per customer, volume based discounts and special prices.
Sage Pastel Debtors Manager is a debtor management system suitable for any business in any industry seeking to optimise the debtor collection process. Sage Pastel Debtors Manager debt collection software has been designed to instantly implement tracking and control in your debtors collection department. Unlike other products which tend to focus on the macro level, this is a hands-on practical system that automates the daily control of the debtors book.
Sage Pastel Debtors Manager creates reports to monitor debt collection progress, staff performance and accurately forecasts cash flow
With ready to run debtors management reports for every outstanding invoice, you can determine why the amount is outstanding; when it will be paid; what has been done and what still needs to be done.
Get paid and improve your cash flow – with Sage Pastel Debtors Manager, there are no more excuses!
Sage Pastel Receipting from Sage Pastel is a specialised Add-On module for Sage Pastel Partner. It allows you to enter data once in order to process and print receipts. You can do this without having to use your cash book. Once you are ready, Sage Pastel Receipting will automatically move the receipts into your cash book for you.
Sage Pastel Receipting for organisations collecting money from customers, members or students
The provision of printed receipts of payment and the creation of the cash book entries can be achieved in one simple operation. If you require your income to be realised only after receiving payment from your customers, you can make use of the receipt analysis codes.
Sage Pastel Receipting accounting software benefits include:
- Receipt money against multiple Customers, Suppliers or General Ledger accounts per receipt
- Customise receipt layout (create a receipt template or receipt sample)
- Enter post dated cheques or credit card entries
- Process discounts at the time of receipt
- Use analysis codes when invoicing customers and specify separate General Ledger accounts per analysis code
- Enter cost codes per line
- EFT Payments are catered for
It’s business as usual when dealing with foreign customers and suppliers with Sage Pastel Partner’s Multi-Currency add-on module.. The Multi-Currency module can process in 30 currencies and allows you to define a currency for each customer, supplier and bank account. This module is fully Euro compliant and supports European Union processing.
Sage Pastel Partner’s Multi-Currency module includes the following capabilities:
- Process in up to 30 currencies
- Set up to 3 decimal digits per currency
- Levy tax on foreign currency transactions if necessary
- Produce statements and remittances, and invoice customers/suppliers in their currency; you have the choice of viewing and printing invoices in your home currency, or easily view these in a foreign currency with up to date foreign currency exchange rate conversions
- Create and update exchange rate indicator tables for each currency, and revalue foreign currency balances at any time
- Produce price lists, financial statements and reports in any currency
With the Time and Billing Add-On module to Sage Pastel Partner accounting software, simply complete timesheets for employees and charge your customers via activities. The activities that you create are the services you sell to your customers. These activities per employee timesheets can be used to create customer invoices.
Analyse staff productivity with the Sage Pastel Time and Billing module
Sage Pastel’s timesheet management software is useful in any environment where chargeable hours can be billed to customers. The Time and Billing module is very handy project management analysis software. You can monitor staff time and attendance, staff productivity can be analysed through standard reports, and exceptions reports can be run with the timesheet software for rates that vary from the default rate.
Time and Billing module features include:
- Chargeable and non-chargeable activity codes
- Linking activities to and tracking employees
- Enter timesheets per employee. In each timesheet line, you must select a customer and an activity
- Creation of invoices from timesheets
- Use of cost codes to allocate costs and revenues to areas such as jobs, sales people, departments or any other grouping allowing you to track costs or revenues
Set-up and use multiple stores or warehouses with the Sage Pastel Partner Multi-Warehousing module
Working with multiple stores is almost identical to working with normal inventory or stock. The only difference is that each time you want to access an inventory item, you must specify the store in which the item exists. Sage Pastel’s warehouse management software makes it easy to track and control inventory items.
Some of the features include:
- Ability to link users to one or more stores and prevent users from accessing items in other stores
- Creation of up to 999 stores with an unlimited number of inventory items per store
- The same inventory item code can exist in different stores and will share all item fields except quantities, cost prices, selling prices and reorder information
- Ability to copy selling prices from one store to another, per item per store
- Ability to transfer items between stores using a Store Transfer Journal
- Inventory reports will allow you to filter on stores
Fixed assets are physical items such as desks, computers, cars, and machinery which you acquire to run your business. South African Company Law requires that you keep a register of your business’ fixed assets as part of its accounting records. However, business fixed asset management can be tedious and time-consuming. As you use assets, they depreciate or become obsolete. You can legally expense depreciation in your accounts for tax purposes. Sage Pastel’s fixed asset tracking software module takes care of all of this for you.
Managing your fixed assets includes the following tasks:
- Tracking each asset’s value, both from a tax and an accounting point of view
- Depreciating assets correctly using an appropriate depreciation rate and method
- Updating the replacement values of your fixed assets for insurance purposes
- Maintaining an accurate fixed assets register which records information such as: date of purchase; date of disposal; purchase price; accumulated depreciation and net book value
The Sage Fixed Assets software module automates all these processes for you
Once you provide the initial information, the fixed asset management system takes over and manages your assets for you. One of the realities of fixed assets processing is that companies frequently change depreciation rules as legislation allows and as company policy changes. Some changes are retroactive to when you purchased the asset. Sage Fixed Assets calculates its values dynamically from the start of each asset’s life, which makes retroactive changes simple. Imagine the time required to accurately programme all this yourself into a spreadsheet!
Together with the Inventory module, the Sage Pastel Partner Bill of Materials module gives you access to two related functions: Bill of Materials and Kit Item Codes. With the Bill of Materials module, you can build, assemble, or manufacture any inventory item using other inventory items as parts or components. The Kit Item Codes allow for the specification of one code on an invoice, and the system leads multiple invoice lines that can include inventory items and remark lines. You can also create Bills of Materials or Kit Item Codes with an unlimited number of components.
Up to three non-inventory additional costs associated with the Bill of Materials can be created, for example, labour, freight and overhead costs, per Bill of Material. When you manufacture you can remove component items and create manufactured items.
Reporting for the Bill of Materials module includes:
- An audit trail
- Material requirements to determine whether there are sufficient components on hand to manufacture
- Components used in Bill of Materials / Kit Item Codes to track inventory items (components) allocated to a finished inventory item (manufactured product).
It can be difficult trying to keep track of a project’s income and expenses. Monies laid out, monies received, budgets and project income statements can be a nightmare to prepare – especially when you have multiple projects on the go.
The Sage Pastel Partner Project Tracker allows you to manage your projects, associated budgets and costs while providing in depth reporting keeping you “in control” of each project’s financial position.
- Reporting groups linked to various cost codes
- Enhanced budget creation per project
- Income statements per project
- Allocation of expenses and income per transaction per project
- Linking invoices and GRV’s to projects
Sage Pastel Partner Serial Number Tracking allows you to track items from the moment you purchase or manufacture them to the time you sell them. With this stock control software module, inventory management even extends to you being able to track the item for warranty purposes should it be returned to you for repairs.
Each item has its own unique serial number
With Sage Pastel’s inventory control software, Serial Number History allows one to view movement history for serial number items. With Serial Number Listing, the serial number per inventory item, along with its status can be viewed.
Use the Serial Number Tracking Module with other Add-On modules: Multi-Stores and Bill of Materials
By using the Multi-Stores module, you can transfer serialised inventory items between stores. Use of the Bill of Materials module allows manufacture into serialised items.
Sage Pastel Intelligence Reporting is an add-on module that dynamically links to your Sage accounting data, taking your business beyond standard reporting functionality. You can generate spreadsheets by simply extracting Sage Accounting data and converting it into an easy-to-read, graphic format. Sage Pastel Intelligence Reporting retains report formats and makes them available for future use. You also have instant access to ‘live’ information and that last minute journal no longer impacts your Excel reporting. Monthly financials account for a large percentage of manual Excel labour.
Sage Pastel Intelligence Reporting offers a customisable pack which provides drill-down functionality. You can customise the standard set of reports and templates, and create new ones. It gives you flexibility with the combinations of financial data you choose to report on.
Sage Pastel Intelligence Reporting ships with Management Packs (Balance Sheet, Income Statement), Sales Master (Sales Reports), Inventory, Purchasing options, and more.